She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.

She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.
She may not have our eyes, but she has our heart.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Wherever you are, my love will find you.


The China adoption community is a large, loving, and loyal community that dedicates itself to loving children and bringing them home. The adoptive parents are always communicating - sharing tips and helping each other. Our agency has a sponsorship program where anyone may sign up to sponsor a child for 40 -50.00 a month. You can specify exactly what you want the money to be spent on, or you may let them decide what the child needs the most with the monetary gift. When we were granted a PA from China for Joy, our agency said our daughter has been sponsored by someone and asked us if we wanted to take it over. It is a small price to pay, but we declined. She was already being sponsored and we decided we needed to put every penny toward getting her home to stay forever. The perks of sponsoring are quarterly updates. We would receive one or maybe two updates on her and we decided, as her parents, we could probably get the same pics in our official updates anyway. Today, we took over her sponsorship. We will now be helping another orphan because Joy's sponsor will be given another child. 

Well, the adoption community is just amazing. I learned we could ask our agency for sponsorship updates prior to us being matched with her. I quickly emailed CCAI and got a prompt response that they were on the way to us soon. I called Justin to tell him and he said "oh, we just got an email!!!!" I hung up on him instantly. I opened the email to find two updates. As I read them, grief and joy consumed me. Tears flowed and flowed. This is what I saw...
That precious angel took my breath away. I clung to each word reading about her unknown past. That precious girl doesn't know it, but she has a closet full of frilly girl clothes waiting on her!  I will tell her every chance I get, just how beautiful she is. I can't wait for so many things after she is home. We may have missed several years of her life, but we will have so many "firsts" with her! I want to share with you one of my favorite books. I can't wait to read this to her. This book reminds me of My Heavenly Father's love. It never ends. It follows us wherever we go. Our love only as strong as a fragment of His love. ! It is hard to imagine how much He loves us. I read this to my choir a few months ago and told them to listen to the words. They would depict parental love and more importantly His. I also can't help but to think of Joy's birthmother and just how much love it took to help her get treatment. What a strong woman. 

I wanted you more than you will ever know

So I sent love to follow you wherever you go

It's high as you wish, quick as an elf

You'll never outgrow it, it stretches itself 

so climb any mountain,Climb up to the sky

My love will find you, My love can fly.

Make a big splash, go out on a limb

my love will find you, my love can swim

It never gets lost , never fades, never ends

If you're  working, or playing, or sitting with friends

You can dance till your dizzy, Paint til you're blue.  

There's no place, not one, that my love won't find you.

 And if someday you're lonely or someday you're sad  

 If you strike out in baseball or think you've been bad 

Just lift up your face, feel the wind in your hair

 that's me sweet baby, my love is right there 

in the green of the grass 

 in the smell of the sea   

In the clouds floating by  

 In the top of the tree    

In the sound crickets make at the end of the day.   

 You are loved , you are loved, you are loved  they all say. 

 My love is so high, so wide and so deep  

it's always right there, even when you are asleep.

   So hold your head high and don't be afraid  

to march to the front of your own parade.  

If you're still my small babe or you're all the way grown.

   My promise to you is you're never alone.

  You are my angel, my darling,  my star  


and my love will find you wherever you are. - 
Nancy Tillman

No comments:

Post a Comment