This little guy's arms look so shriveled from dehydration. It takes everything a baby has to suck when they have no palate or upper lip. This could have been Joy. My angel looks so healthy! Praise God. The next image is from an update for a family. The child lives in the Henan province where Joy is from. Her orphanage was not like this from what I have researched. This is a foster home. It very well could be a loving foster home, but the living conditions are poor. Wooden slats for a mattress. We all shouldn't take our daily blessings for granted.
This is an orphanage full of malnutritioned babies. These babies lie in a crib for hours upon hours staring at the ceiling. Many babies have crossed eyes because of lack of stimulation. Their eyes literally go crossed from staring at the ceiling. I have nightmares as well as dreams about going to China. My heart doesn't want to handle seeing such, but it will. It will because we can help. We cannot hide from this crisis. We cannot get so wrapped up in our "own world" and use the "busy" excuse. We cannot. We can donate. We can sponsor. We can pray. We can advocate. We can foster (domestically ). We can ADOPT. We can do this. God put us here as His hands and feet. He created US for Him. It's easy for us to dismiss the orphans..... Until we see their faces. God doesn't see the orphan crisis as numbers. He sees faces. Pray about how you can help the 147 million orphans worldwide.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b_RjndG0IX8
This song by Matthew West called "Do something" is the greatest. It's words are so powerful! It makes me pumped every time I hear it. Please listen to the words. I learn something new each time I hear it.





No comments:
Post a Comment