She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.

She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.
She may not have our eyes, but she has our heart.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Arrogance vs humility

 


Each day we are together it is a good day.  We have been out  of school all of this week so far. We have had so much fun! We mailed off our i800 to our agency so that when we get our LOA, our agency can send this to USCIS immediately. This will be approval from the USA for us to adopt YOU specifically! How exciting! We have been having snowball fights, sledding, making snow cream and even shooting warm water into the air with water guns! We have also been playing with water balloons. Setting them outside to freeze is pretty fun. :)  We ventured out for awhile today to pick up Anna Claire from Uncle Dan and Aunt Rachel's house. The roads are clearing, but another snow and ice mixture is on its way! We are hoping to stay out of school the whole week! ❤️๐Ÿ’•❤️ ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™ 

While eating lunch at the table today, we were doing some wonderful talking. I mentioned to your brothers and sisters how blessed we are that God chose them to be in our family! We talked about how God's plan is perfect ; God knew you would end up with us. I told them we should thank God right now for Him putting them each in our family. I went on to say how sad it would be if He chose another family for them. Eli said "yes, we will, but even if He didn't choose THIS family, it would be great". My heart FELL. What am I doing wrong? Why wouldn't he want us to be his first choice?  Those questions raced through my head. He then said so "matter of fact", "Mama, if God would have put me in another family, it would have been perfect because it would have been His plan". Well, there. Eli is correct. I was dead wrong. How dare I think our plan is greatest!  What arrogance.  Eli proved his heart to me right then and there about  something I talk  about frequently with the children. We are to love God way more than we love each other. Eli got it. I can't wait until you fill our empty chair and join right in with us. I promise to make up for lost time.
                    Until we meet, 
                             ❤️Mommy❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment