The purge. The cleanse. The day that I pictured myself burrying myself under pillows and hiding.
We are better than that!
The day started with oatmeal..... Lots and lots of oatmeal. We had a Thanksgiving program that we performed. It was perfection. We made our costumes and you four were cute little Indians. We left and had to drink the magnesium citrate. Everyone said " she'll never drink that nasty stuff". Well, my dear, you are not "everyone". You turned it up and drank it like the strong girl you are!
Well, step one... Check!
Next step is to make the appearance of Sprite the biggest event of the year! That was a success since we don't buy sodas. CHECK!
Then we made popscicles out of apple juice. I often make creative Yogart and juice popscicles for breakfasts and snacks, but never tried plain apple juice. Big hit! CHECK!
Next was THE moment. The moment of true hunger at 3pm. I staggered to the kitchen with knots in my shoulders. It was time. Time to make broth the event of the century. I brought out your favorite bowl and we called it "Chinese soup". Chicken broth with a hint of beef broth. I held my breath as I presented it to you.
What happened next was only God Himself.
*************SQUEAL***********!!!!!!!!!
"Mama, this is my FAVORITE"!
Ummmm, ok. So, it was gone after two minutes and your belly was full after an apple juice popscicle! Well well, no hiding under pillows for me!
So around 5 as I was in between piano students for a minute, I whipped up another bowl for you by request. Then, at dinner, you cried. HARD. You were done with "Chinese soup". " Fun while it lasted ", I thought. After you melted down, we all sat at the table with our yummy dinner and let you work it out in your own way. About two minutes later, here you come. Spoon in hand you were ready to defeat this beast. You downed it and was too full for a popscicle again! It was a successful day that the Lord taught me a huge lesson in. Don't worry about to tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Prepare and let it go! Speaking of "let it go", I decided to pack "Frozen" for the hospital. Nothing perks you up like Frozen at the moment... So...
Tomorrow is full of good things. The knife is just part of the day, but you will have a healthy liver and bile duct! You will be the coolest bionic woman ever!
Love, ️Mommy
P.S. Your Christmas wish has a post coming! You finally told us what you wanted more than anything! 😳

No comments:
Post a Comment