THIS year is full of such joy! We decorated the tree tonight and are decking the halls! I wanted to really focus on Thanksgiving more and not confuse you, but because in a week we head to the hospital, we are preparing our home. You have loved learning about Thanksgiving and Veteran's Day for the last two weeks. We have learned all about the holidays and what they mean. You love your little American flag! You are one proud American! Our court house lawn on the square is full of little flags stuck in the ground for Veteran's Day. You squeal as we drive around the square in awe of all the waving red, white and blue. You told me yesterday, "My home, America, is awesome"! Tonight as we decorated the tree, you hung each ornament with such care and made sure it was in the perfect place.
You also found lots of ornaments that said "joy". I tried to teach you that joy means happiness and Only God can bring us true Joy. It's slowly sinking in.
You have been making leaps and bounds the last couple of weeks with attachment. Usually as I bend down to kiss you, you quickly duck your head. I don't take it personal because I know you've not gotten many, if any, kisses in a very long time. You had trouble understanding our love for you. Now, we are making HUGE strides. As I bend down to kiss you, most of the time you reach up with puckered lips. It makes my heart leap! Last night as we were reading and cuddling at bedtime, you were extra loving. I asked you if I was a good mama. You replied "yes! You are a good mama"! I asked "why? What makes me a good mama?" You said "because your heart". Today, you said "mama, you're a good mama because your heart makes my heart good and happy". You're getting it. Trust is blossoming in ways that only God could grow it. What would we have done without you, Joy Jiao???
With love,
️Mommy


No comments:
Post a Comment