She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.

She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.
She may not have our eyes, but she has our heart.

Thursday, December 15, 2016

18 months

I woke up this morning to a sweet little body curled up next to me. Every night around three in the morning, we hear tiny little footsteps running to our bed. Every single night is the same; you run to my side of the bed and lay your cheek on mine and say "May I, Mommy?" My answer is always the same - "always!"
So your cold, little feet come reaching over to tightly snuggle in the middle.


It is your happy place.

Snuggled between our bodies and right inside our hearts, is your happy place.

You love us BIG and we love you bigger. You're in a healthier spot than what I would've ever dreamed for you. You know you're ours and trust us fiercely. Last night you were my grocery store companion. You eagerly spent your one dollar on choosing a candy. I never leave your side, but needed something quickly two isles over while you decided between gummy bears and gum. I told you to be deciding while I grabbed something. As soon as the words left my tongue, I became sick with grief. What if for a second, it sparked a memory for you. You quickly deciding the gum or bears wasn't for you and you would choose "Bean boozled" jelly beans and ran to find me yelling in the store with disappearing eyes "Mama!" When I raced around the corner, you hugged me and said "don't worry, Mama, I knew you were here." You precious, precious soul; my sweet, little friend. I love you more than words can ever say.

Your favorite pastime at the moment is playing board games. We have been playing them each night and one night after a dinner-time grocery run, we decided to all eat sandwiches and you choose noodles.. and we are on the couch! It was such a fun thrill for you. The spontaneous decision and unlikely one made you smile from ear to ear. You love a simple surprise!

Your favorite restaurant is "Panda Chinese", also known as Panda Express. (I think it is the fortune cookie). We went here today, just you and me, baby girl.



You love to wear your warm boots and tons of layers. You can take the girl out of China, but can't take the China out of the girl! You want to someday be a heart surgeon, but something tells me that you will be the quirky doctor with layers and funky fuzzy socks.


You love when I make Chinese noodle stir-fry and jiaoze. The Asian market makes you squeal like nothing I've ever heard!


Your favorite name to be called is your full name, because you're so proud we chose a name for you with love. Hearing your surname that belongs to all of us is almost more than you can bear.
You and Eli fight and nag more than Ricky and Lucy, but there is a bond there that I can only describe as a "twin bond". It didn't come quickly or easily by any stretch of the imagination, but because of Eli''s perserversnce and strong love, he pushed through that barrier and MADE you love him! You two are like peas and carrots.
Your favorite color was blue.. until today; now it is yellow because it "reminds you of sunshine." You remind me of sunshine, Joy!!!! You dream of us adopting more children. You know their hearts and how they long for a family, just as you did. You beg me to help their families find them. What a difference you are making in this world, Joy! We love you and are so happy to celebrate 18 months together as a family. We talked about today and what it meant and I asked you to describe adoption in one word. Your word was "awesome"! This was the picture of you waiting for us the day we would have you forever!

I'm so happy with forever, Joy!!!!!

Today, you asked what the message on your shirt meant. When I explained it, you said " this message is so special." You liked the shirt and decided to take some photos of it while waiting at the doctor.


Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment