We pretty much have completed Joy's room last week. I have a few more pictures to hang, a shelf to paint and I need to put the new fabric in a big folding screen. That is it! Since pretty much completing the room, Anna Claire has slept in Joy's room every night. I think it helps her to feel close to her sister. I think she is more excited than anyone! She is so close to her brothers, but has always dreamed of a sister. Joy will NEVER take their place, but we will have extended love. I am weird, but having the room fixed up really makes me feel even more connected. She is real, this is happening, she has a place in our home and she is our mei mei! (Little sister)! She isn't just a dream, she is a reality. With each breath I breathe, I think of you, sweet Joy. The smallest things make me think of her because there will be so many firsts! She might not have ever eaten a Popsicle, jumped on a trampoline, touched a dog, rode a Ferris wheel, played with a Barbie, created a hopscotch with sidewalk chalk, swam in a pool, took a bubble bath, said a prayer, watered flowers, planted a seed, went to church or snuggled with mama and baba (daddy). There will be so many celebrations! Each day will be such a GIFT and help us with counting our blessings! My camera will be pleading for the photos to stop! ;) This is an emotional journey for sure. We are thankful we found her so quickly because THAT was a MIRACLE! Even though it will be a shorter journey than most, it has many ups and downs. I worry about her. The Bible tells me NOT to worry. I am failing Him. I worry about her health, her feelings of seeing other children adopted and parents visiting the orphanage, her feelings of not being "good enough" to have a family,and not knowing she has us. We DID in fact have a real- life angel come into our lives. I have joined a group on Facebook that has parents of children adopted through our agency and parents in the process. I also, through that page, found a Nanyang SWI page. Somehow, not sure how, I was chatting with a woman whom has two beautiful Chinese daughters. She is going to Nanyang SWI (Joy's orphanage) to pick up her two new daughters in November 2014. I asked her if I sent her a picture of Joy, if she would be on the look-out for her and maybe take some pictures. We talked a long while and she told me to email her a family pic of us, and her picture. She is going to ask the nannies to bring "Jiao Jiao" to her and show them her picture and our family picture. She is going to hand deliver our pictures to Joy if they let her see her!!! We are creating a care package that includes a photo album, but our "angel" says they won't give it to her until the day she is being picked up by us. :( It CAN happen, but is unlikely. People are always ruining things for others. People back out and that would crush a child. So, our only hope is through this angel. Pray that she gets to deliver the news of hope to our daughter. Please, please, pray!!!! We love you Joy Jiao! I look at the moon each night from our porch and it amazes me that you have gazed at the same moon. We pray over your picture each day and I dream of you almost every night. I always wake up ....smiling. This blog was created to document the process of adopting our little girl, Joy Jiao. We want her to have a story to read when she gets older of our journey to bring her home. We already love her. By reading the story, I hope she understands when she was in her orphanage that we wanted her here and were preparing our hearts, home, family and small town for many blessings!!!! We love because He first loved us. 1John 4:19
She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.
She may not have our eyes, but she has our heart.
Monday, September 15, 2014
Sisterly love and REAL angels
We pretty much have completed Joy's room last week. I have a few more pictures to hang, a shelf to paint and I need to put the new fabric in a big folding screen. That is it! Since pretty much completing the room, Anna Claire has slept in Joy's room every night. I think it helps her to feel close to her sister. I think she is more excited than anyone! She is so close to her brothers, but has always dreamed of a sister. Joy will NEVER take their place, but we will have extended love. I am weird, but having the room fixed up really makes me feel even more connected. She is real, this is happening, she has a place in our home and she is our mei mei! (Little sister)! She isn't just a dream, she is a reality. With each breath I breathe, I think of you, sweet Joy. The smallest things make me think of her because there will be so many firsts! She might not have ever eaten a Popsicle, jumped on a trampoline, touched a dog, rode a Ferris wheel, played with a Barbie, created a hopscotch with sidewalk chalk, swam in a pool, took a bubble bath, said a prayer, watered flowers, planted a seed, went to church or snuggled with mama and baba (daddy). There will be so many celebrations! Each day will be such a GIFT and help us with counting our blessings! My camera will be pleading for the photos to stop! ;) This is an emotional journey for sure. We are thankful we found her so quickly because THAT was a MIRACLE! Even though it will be a shorter journey than most, it has many ups and downs. I worry about her. The Bible tells me NOT to worry. I am failing Him. I worry about her health, her feelings of seeing other children adopted and parents visiting the orphanage, her feelings of not being "good enough" to have a family,and not knowing she has us. We DID in fact have a real- life angel come into our lives. I have joined a group on Facebook that has parents of children adopted through our agency and parents in the process. I also, through that page, found a Nanyang SWI page. Somehow, not sure how, I was chatting with a woman whom has two beautiful Chinese daughters. She is going to Nanyang SWI (Joy's orphanage) to pick up her two new daughters in November 2014. I asked her if I sent her a picture of Joy, if she would be on the look-out for her and maybe take some pictures. We talked a long while and she told me to email her a family pic of us, and her picture. She is going to ask the nannies to bring "Jiao Jiao" to her and show them her picture and our family picture. She is going to hand deliver our pictures to Joy if they let her see her!!! We are creating a care package that includes a photo album, but our "angel" says they won't give it to her until the day she is being picked up by us. :( It CAN happen, but is unlikely. People are always ruining things for others. People back out and that would crush a child. So, our only hope is through this angel. Pray that she gets to deliver the news of hope to our daughter. Please, please, pray!!!! We love you Joy Jiao! I look at the moon each night from our porch and it amazes me that you have gazed at the same moon. We pray over your picture each day and I dream of you almost every night. I always wake up ....smiling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment