It isn't actually the witch, but I am sure it is sometimes! Queen Elinor had a daughter, Merida , and three small boys. Merida and Elinor start to squabble in the movie over Merida's future. A witch puts a spell on Queen Elinor turning her into a bear. In the end of the film, the queen bear gets captured by the men of the town and they are tying her down with ropes and chains. They are about to kill Queen Elinor the bear. Merida begins to be in severe danger. A local bear, that the townsmen have been trying to kill for years, approaches Merida and attacks. The mama bear, Queen Elinor, breaks the chains and ropes and lets our a terrible roar.
She will protect her children at ANY cost. She will be by her children's sides through it all, even the "not so lovely" of times. She will love them no matter the circumstance. I became overcome with emotion right there in the theater as I sat with my precious children. I leaned over to Anna Claire and told her that I was, indeed, Mama Bear. I couldn't help but to think of sweet Joy as well. She is mine as well. Some people have said some things out of complete ignorance. I very nicely extend grace and educate. I just cannot let things be said and not "protect". I feel like I owe it all the orphans! I would row in a canoe to China if I knew they would let me bring her home. I plead with God on a regular basis. Even though I know His timing is perfect, I also know Joy doesn't need to be in that orphanage one more day longer. She deserves a family, but I know she has the Spirit with her. Today, I had a learning experience from a very wise four year old. At preschool, I asked the children to name a way that they show love to God. Sweet Lila said "even when we have too much rain, my grandmother looks up and says ... Thank you, God". It hit me. Joy has no parents, rationed food, shares her clothes with potentially hundreds of children, has been through surgeries where no one was in the waiting room, has suffered tremendous loss and STILL doesn't know that she has a family that calls her, theirs. We can still praise him in the storm. The Bible tells us in I Thessalonians 5:18 – In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Also, in I Peter 4:16 – Yet, if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. We are not to understand everything. We are not to pick and choose what to be thankful for. We just need to be thankful. I have been in and out of some sad places just in the amount of time we have been in this process. 2 months! It isn't a lengthy time, like many others, but it is still very hard to come to grips with. I don't know everything about my daughter and probably never will. I do know she is 13 hours ahead of us, so I am constantly trying to figure out what she is doing based on her structured schedule. When she is sleeping, it is the hardest. That just so happens to be when we are mostly awake!! I have always felt so at ease when all my children are tucked in bed and safe. When one child spends the night away, I am ok until night, then I just wish they were home where I will feel complete. I did find another angel this week!!!! It is a very long story, but I have befriended a mom who is adopting a little girl and boy in China. This isn't her first "rodeo" with Chinese adoption, as well. She knows the "ins and outs" in many ways. We have been chatting back and forth when our time allows and she informed me that I could "google translate" Joy's Chinese name and copy and paste it into a Chinese web address name baidu.com. She found lots of information on her child the last time she adopted. As I was stalking, I mean investigating, I came upon Nanyang SWI's official website. I google translated the page and got many priceless pictures off the website. I didn't see Joy in any picture. Oh, what I would give to see more pictures of her. We will hopefully get an update in November.:) The website is nyfly.org. If you go to google translate, you can choose "Chinese" and plug in the website and it will pull it up. Click on the pictures and several will pop up in that category. "Stalking" is just a part of the parental process. You are craving any information on your daughter or son. Also, I found that my new friend will hopefully be traveling to China to get her son and daughter spring/early summer. I hope to travel with this friend! How fun!!! Here are a few photos of her orphanage and probably her "friends".
Kids that are probably Joy's age! I cannot wait to collect pictures such as these and show her! Many parents have done this and some of the kids rub the pictures quite frequently and say their names. A piece of China that will be with them always!
I not sure what those colorful things are on the building, but in one of Joy's pictures I saw them out of the window beside her. There are many buildings on this sight that are on this "campus". I believe she is here, but I could be wrong. I stared at this pic for a ridiculously long time. Those colorful things on that building were all I had of "her" on that website.
Notice all the "toy shelves". Very disturbing.
Kids that are probably Joy's age! I cannot wait to collect pictures such as these and show her! Many parents have done this and some of the kids rub the pictures quite frequently and say their names. A piece of China that will be with them always!
I not sure what those colorful things are on the building, but in one of Joy's pictures I saw them out of the window beside her. There are many buildings on this sight that are on this "campus". I believe she is here, but I could be wrong. I stared at this pic for a ridiculously long time. Those colorful things on that building were all I had of "her" on that website.
Notice all the "toy shelves". Very disturbing.Yesterday, I got in contact with CCAI and asked them to try to find Joy's exact location. Some parents have said that in the file it stated that were at a particular orphanage, but they were in Beijing in a healing home or at a foster home, etc. our file stated she was at Nanyang SWI,but I want to make sure. I also had some medical background information questions. So, CCAI is requesting the information for us. They are the GREATEST!! I have my phone set to chime every time an email comes. Email is crazy-important in this adoption. I will be glad when I never check it again! It went off at 8:30am and I always make a mad dash to my phone!!! It was rack room shoes. Oh, how I loathe tackroom shoes! We will hopefully get an update in November that includes pictures and new information. I will demand a video. Glad it won't be on an old VHS. That tape would be worn out in a week! I can't wait for November to get here!!!! Anna Claire is still sleeping in Joy's room. After school, she has been in a routine of going to Joy's room and watching Netflix on her tablet to wind down. It is the sweetest. She loves any closeness she can have to her sister. Anna Claire's motherly instincts are coming to life, as well. She has been taking care of the boys more and more when, in the past, she couldn't have cared less. If they fall, she rushes to them. Sweet! My mom bought a little jewelry box this summer and it is on Joy's dresser. I have looked in it a couple of times and there seems to be appearing more and more jewelry! Wonder who??? I also notice when anything gets tight on Anna Claire, the clothes appear in Joy's dresser. This is a joy to get to see. The blessings are endless with this process. Hearts are softening, changing, opening and preparing. The prayers that they pray melt my heart! Eli's latest prayer included "Thank you, God for my parents. Thank you for my brother and sister ....*long pause* well, my sisters". There hasn't been a prayer yet., that doesn't include their "Mei Mei".
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MAu6OM6l0Yg&list=PL916236501D8C5F99


No comments:
Post a Comment