This adoption journey has been a roller coaster of emotions. I have stared at the most beautiful little face since August 21, 2014, even though we are a half a world away. We are finished with patience. It's gone. Done.
We are about at the end of our rope. I am not only talking about our patience, but our adoption journey. We started the journey in June, but didn't start paperwork officially until Aug 1. We are flying through our process and we even had a month of hold-ups that "shouldn't" have ever happened! It was always supposed to happen though. He knew way before it happened that our paperwork would hit a bump in the road and hold us back from leaving in April, as we first thought was a strong possibility. Things change, but I am sure happy He doesn't. Today marks day 63 of our LOA wait from China. We should leave for China approximately eight to ten weeks after receiving this important letter. We have to decide five questions that we want answered about you and your life. Five. Most of the questions I have will be answered by God Himself when I meet him.
I ache to know who has looked deep into your eyes and told you they loved you.
I want to know what your little body looked like at birth, two years old, three..
I yearn to know why your life had to have such a twist and turn with such trauma and tragedy.
I ache to know every single detail about all your days: I somehow grieve never getting to see your tiny cleft lip before repair.
I want to know what your loved one told you right before they disappeared into the crowd of people when they gave you your new life.
I need to know how you grieved after losing the relationship with your biological family.
I would have loved to have seen your face when you heard that you have a new family that already loves you.
I ache to know what's inside your heart that you may have not shared. I pray that you will grow to trust us and open your heart.
Those questions won't be asked or answered here on Earth, so we need to get busy thinking of those five important questions to ask your caretakers.
All of the wait and heartache will totally be worth it once you are in our arms forever and you are ONE LESS!
I ache to know every single detail about all your days: I somehow grieve never getting to see your tiny cleft lip before repair.
I want to know what your loved one told you right before they disappeared into the crowd of people when they gave you your new life.
I need to know how you grieved after losing the relationship with your biological family.
I would have loved to have seen your face when you heard that you have a new family that already loves you.
I ache to know what's inside your heart that you may have not shared. I pray that you will grow to trust us and open your heart.
Those questions won't be asked or answered here on Earth, so we need to get busy thinking of those five important questions to ask your caretakers.
All of the wait and heartache will totally be worth it once you are in our arms forever and you are ONE LESS!
I

No comments:
Post a Comment