Our Father reminds us that way, too.
You're still learning how to process your feelings of love and the love that has been shown to you. On the way home from the hospital tonight, you said from the backseat, "Mama, please sing let it go and tomorrow". So, we sang...together. We sang and sang those two songs then you asked for surprises. I started to sing and then asked how you liked it. After one special song, I realized that I had just sang you to sleep for the first time. On a snowy interstate, with whizzing trucks and strong winds.... I sang you to sleep. . It was the first time you've allowed any kind of comfort to fall asleep. Usually, you say "mama, just go to sleep"... And I giggle, yet yearn for the chance to comfort my baby. I cried the rest of the way home, looking at you in my backseat, sleeping so soundly. It's such a dream for you to be home; playing with your sweet siblings, hugging your daddy and taking out everything on poor mama. Haha At each doctor visit, we seem to find big small miracles that make us realize that you were meant for us after your parents couldn't care for you. Your whole life is a miracle - we keep praying you give Him the glory someday.
I pray that words are sinking into your heart one word at a time, Joy. We love you!!!
I love you,
Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment