She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.

She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.
She may not have our eyes, but she has our heart.

Friday, December 12, 2014

We got our update!!!!

So much has happened this week. The frenzy started on Monday. December 8th was a HUGE day for us. The day started as a dreary, cold day. I was so tired and groggy at preschool. I came home and called my adoption friend Traci in Florida, that I hope to travel with. I just love her!!  We were both awaiting USCIS (USA GOVERNMENT) approval to adopt internationally. We were about ten days shy of receiving ours. She told me to call USCIS and ask if we have been approved. If we have been, SOMETIMES they will email a copy. Much faster!!!! So, I called and they said we were approved on Friday. I slowly walked to the mailbox with 0 intent of finding the approval. I thought it would be mailed out on the present day. I opened my mailbox and screamed and squealed!!!!!! I danced and danced. I quickly turned around and saw construction workers pointing and laughing and I DID NOT CARE. I didn't care one bit!!!!! I was ecstatic. The day couldn't get any better!!!! The approval was HERE!  ❤️❤️❤️ I was still on the phone with Traci and couldn't believe it! When I got in the house, I heard an email beep. I quickly hung up on Traci when I realized IT WAS AN UPDATE!!! Excited is an understatement! How could two things this big in the adoption happen on the same day!!?? So, I open the update and see this picture!!!
What a precious doll you are! You are my dream. I ache to touch you. Also in our update are measurements. The measurements are as follows.. 19 kg (weight), 48 cm (head circumference) , 58 cm (chest), 112 cm height,  17cm (feet), 23 teeth and a HEALTHY status. WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO.  You are two pounds lighter than Eli and one inch taller. We aren't telling him that you are an inch taller. You are his Mei Mei, you have to be smaller :)  The update also said that your development is right on track with your peers, you are potty trained, you know your colors, you are called Jiao Jiao,  you are extroverted and outgoing and your favorite toys are stuffed animals and you bricks (Lego's maybe??)  You were moved to this home from the orphanage on July 7, 2014.  I hate you have been moved,  but I pray this place is better than the orphanage we love you so much. You sister, Anna Claire is 10 years old. She LOVES stuffed animals. It is her "thing". She also loves girl Lego's. So weird! We need to be finding you some stuffed animals :) The week just got MUCH busier after the Monday full of updates. On Tuesday, we drove our approved document (I 797) to Nashville to the Secretary of State to be authenticated. We got it done and quickly headed back home. We made 4 sets of copies of our completed dossier. We sent a copy and the originals to The Assistant Stork in Virginia. These lovely people receive the package at their home via express mail and walk our documents into the State Dept at Washington DC. The documents stay there four days and they are picked up by our courier that dropped them off. They are then walked in to the Chinese Embassy. They will stay there a week, have the seals put on them and they are express mailed to our agency branch in Georgia, CCAI. Georgia office will look over these documents with a fine tooth comb. We are talking serious here. Staples cannot be removed or documents are invalid, everything must match up exactly,etc. They will send our dossier to the mail office in Colorado to be translated to Mandarin. THEN, they will be sent to CHINA. Shew!!!!!! I am exhausted just thinking about what we did this week. Tuesday night we were up until 1am getting everything in order to mail off. No room for one mistake! We hope to be LID (China says yes) around the first of January. What a relief it will be. The devil has FILLED my head with lies. "You have fallen in love with Joy..she isn't yours..you won't get her". I am sick of  him!!! You are ours. In a few weeks we will get the ok and I will crush that devil. He hates adoption. He hates redemption. He hates love. Oh, do we ever  have it! We love you to the Moon and back :) 

                       Until we meet, 
                                ❤️❤️Monmy❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment