She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.

She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.
She may not have our eyes, but she has our heart.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Life at Nanyang


When God gives us another piece of the puzzle, we are so grateful.  I am making you a photo album of every photo I have of your life before the adoption. If it comforts you, I want you to be able to sit and sift through memories of your time before us. If it's too painful, we'll put that album on a shelf. I want you to have every opportunity to have every piece of your life that I can find for you. 

I am part of a facebook group for your home orphanage. Sporadically, people will post pictures of their visit to Nanyang and share the photos with other families when they return. When we found this group on Facebook, I looked through every picture on that site. I searched the background on zoom of every photo. Not a one had you in them. The only picture I have of you while in Nanyang is two sponsorship reports (one posed photo each).  A mother posted last night, in the group, a couple of photos of her child with a few others. You weren't anywhere to be seen. She said she had many more photos. I told her my daughter was there and I would love to have a chance to look at the photos! She posted them and I have never had chills quite like it before. It wasn't just the fact I was seeing your beautiful face; it was the realization that finally hit my heart of what a past you have had. I always knew you were at Nanyang for about a year, but it was almost just like a dream in my head.  It wasn't real, but it sure was now!!!!! It also made it perfectly clear how many places you've called home, and will to come ,in your six mighty years. What a fighter you are! 


My heart rejoices and yet aches when I look at these. You don't have a ready smile like you do now from your update photos. These pictures are freshly after the trauma of abandonment; the scars are plain to see here. Even though these might be painful memories, we rejoice at the chance to have them. Every day is a piece of our story.  We are so close to having you forever, Joy. We can't wait for the day when we can wrap our arms tightly around you and never have to let go. We will love you forever. 
 
                     Wo Ai Ni, 
                              ❤️❤️️Mommy ❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment