She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.

She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.
She may not have our eyes, but she has our heart.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Operation Smile

I vaguely remember when adoption started to weigh heavilly upon my heart. There is no way to forget something this special.

 I remember one child growing up that had the most loving family. When I was a little older (5th grade),  I learnt that he was adopted. I never knew, I thought. It stunned me to see the unconditional love from his parents. I couldn't understand that love because  I had never been in that type of situation.  


I was a work in progress. 


A child. 

A beginner. 


I never thought adoption would be a part of my life at that time, but I do remember it being fascinating to me and my heart was heavy for the child's trauma.  It wasn't until I was at the dentist/doctor at about the age of twelve or thirteen that adoption became a possibility in my heart. An "Operation Smile" card fell out of a magazine. I remember looking at those babies with cleft lip and palate with fear in their eyes. I knew right then that I wanted a cleft lip/cleft palate child of my own through adoption. I remember wanting to send in money to help fund those surgeries that cost so little, but then I got busy.

I was still a work in progress. 


 Those children weren't necessarily able to be adopted, but I remember  that thought crossing my mind; there were children out there that needed medical treatment AND a home.  

I was beginning to grow and blossom.


Life became busy again shortly after marriage, and adoption wasn't happening. While looking back, it just wasn't God's timing. His timing is so perfect. I am so glad we obeyed to the call and MOVED. Busy is a terrible excuse- we will always be busy. As my friend has said , and I LOVE this quote, "it couldn't have been anyone else". There are millions of orphans, but only one at this time, for us. Joy Jiao Williams, you  will be the missing puzzle piece for our family. We searched the whole world for you. Your adoption is as natural to us as childbirth. It just took us longer to find you.  

             The countdown is ON! 


                           We will be there SOON,
                                ❤️❤️Mommy❤️❤️

P.s. I'm still a work in progress. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment