You brought me this picture so proudly and told me through a mixture of English, Mandarin and hand gestures that you wanted to fly. 

You aren't aware yet, but you fly daily. You have wings to show you what you can become and you have roots to remind you of where you came from. As you laid on my chest tonight and snuggled deeply in my heart, I had a floppy feeling in my chest. My heart was bursting with love. Before I even had the chance to say anything, you said " ️Mommy, happy heart".
Yes, happy hearts.
You have flown a greater distance than I ever thought possible in one month.
You love BIG
You tease HARD
You laugh LOUDLY
You sing with PASSION
You pray with CONVICTION
You aim HIGH
High as a bird flies, you aim. You never stop trying your hardest with anything you do. Please keep up the fight. Please keep aiming for the Light. Keep your face forward and keep flying, my precious angel. You are so loved. Every prayer you say starts with "Dear, God. Thank you for my family".
FAMILY.
Such a simple thing, yet taken for granted by so many. I thank God everyday that I didn't limit my family any longer and I let God take control. I let go and I praise Him each day for making me being still and lose control that I thought I could have.
Once I let go, I took flight straight to you.
I was free of chains. Free of the burden of what others may have thought. I had freedom from everything in this earthly life that held me back from my dreams.
You were my dream.
I still pray every day to not lose that sight that I gained on June 18, 2014. My whole life perception changed that day. I now like to say that I see the "big picture" instead of the small, narrow path to slow distruction.
Set your goals high. Try your hardest to make every decision of your life, decisions that glorify Him. You will fail and you will fly.
Be kind, love Jesus and love others. Follow your heart and listen to what God tells you. If you're still, you can hear Him. Go into your "closet" and be still. Shut out the world and listen.
We have one life... We might as well fly.

No comments:
Post a Comment