We have taken you swimming twice and you loved it! You just keep going down that slide, over and over!!
One night we came home to a crockpot of finished veggie beef soup. I let you pick out your bowl. You pointed to the gallon serving bowl! I told you we could compromise and you chose the reindeer serving dish for cheese spread with the ribbon-attached knife spreader! You licked the bowl clean...literally. So far, we haven't found many things you don't like to eat. You find lemons straight eaten disgusting, vinegar cucumbers from the garden yucky and sharp cheese toooo sharp. Painting is one of your favorite things!
We decided Wednesday was the perfect, rainy day to celebrate your birthday and Eli's. We had a sweet friend to bring by some sweet treats and I used them for the occasion - perfect timing! We had talked about doing something really fun, but jet-lag won. All Eli wanted was crab from Red Lobster so we went! You cracked and cracked Anna and Eli's crab and they shared some with you for your work. We loved when we sat down and the waitress asked us if we were celebrating anything today. I told her "yes, the twin's birthdays today" as I pointed to you and Eli. We heard crickets for awhile and then I told her it was a joke. She loved it! We left and went to Toys R Us to let you and Eli pick out a toy . Eli was so happy when he spotted a skateboard! You chose a doctor kit, stickers, and a dress up outfit. When you saw the blonde Elsa wig, you grabbed your heart, gasped and said "THIS"!
We ended the day with renting a movie and popping popcorn.
We play all day and have the greatest time. You are starting to play some imaginary play now. You like your doll house!
We are ready for our schedule to be normal again. We can't have company passed about 6 because it throws your bedtime off. Overstimulation is a big thing for you. It takes us hours to calm you down enough to go to sleep. You are not a morning person at all! I cannot touch you or look at you until about three hours after you wake up! I am hoping that will get better before school! You are still just exhausted! We are staying at home 99% through the week and our plan is to venture out some on the weekends for a good balance. We have a lot of swimming parties planned through June.
I am just thrilled with being at home with all my babies. THIS is Heaven on Earth!
Speaking of "babies", you love to pretend you just came out of my belly. You will point to my belly, say "Joy is mama's baby", and pretend to cry while I rock you. You will suck on my finger and and babble. You never got this with me and I read before adopting this might happen and it is so healthy! You even saved your empty RingPop to play with as a pacifier. You blow me away each day. You are so strong and transitioning so well. You are catching on to things I say in English. You're doing so well with it that when we were in Jackson Saturday and understood everything I said, people would think you were adopted as a baby. It would really make the eyes widen when you spoke back to me in full Chinese! Haha! Priceless moments to see that happen! Your receptive language is off the charts! Your expressive will come! You repeat everything, but I am looking for things you say on your own! Your first sentence happened on Tuesday. You were at the top of the slide and you said "Mama, say 1,2,3, GO". I was so proud! All that talking is paying off!
Thursday , we had birthday boxes sacked up by the trash that was full. I tied them both and told the boys to take it out while I used the restroom. I came out and told the boys "thank you". They said "we haven't done it yet, mom". I turned to Anna so proud and said "Anna! That was so kind of you to jump in and offer to help them". She said she didn't do it either. I looked at you sitting there wide-eyed and with a gentle smile waiting for me to say your name. I couldn't believe it! You took out both of the bags! I didn't like the fact that you went outside and Mama didn't know!
You love dogs and cats and any animal! Your favorite animals are monkeys, goats and oxen! OXEN?! Our guide in China asked you, so this is truth. We don't have pets, but you love all of Aunt Rachel and Nana Jo's dogs!
Here, you are meeting Roma and Arizona! Roma is your favorite!
You love any musical instrument! Your uncle Jason loved having you strum the guitar with him!
On Saturday morning, you leaned how to write your name! We are so proud of you!
You continue to be pure joy. We love you and are so glad you found your way home!
I love you more,
️Mommy


















No comments:
Post a Comment