She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.

She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.
She may not have our eyes, but she has our heart.

Monday, August 11, 2014

She is growing in our hearts!

Ni hao y'all! We love our "mei mei" already! "Mei mei" in Mandarin translates to "little sister". I have downloaded an app to learn Mandarin so we can cover the basics. So far it is going well! I need to learn the most important phrase "I love you".  Next up is learning several lullabies. I always sang them to our children and we will continue to do so with her. I want her to have some she understands at first.  She grows in our hearts each day.  We pray for her daily. She is spoken of at each family prayer we have. Just because she isn't here doesn't mean she isn't in our hearts. Jesus isn't sitting in the extra seat at our table, but he is with us. We started teaching the children tonight different tools they can use when dealing with mean things kids might say to their sister. Their hearts are exactly where they should be when speaking of their sister. They already seemed protective! I want to use this time of waiting to fully prepare us in all aspects to bring her home to a healthy environment. There is a lot we need to learn!!!  We have to complete 12 hours of online training which we are excited to do soon. Our home study agency is supposed to call us tomorrow or Wednesday to set up our first meeting. They will teach and help us so much! We are preparing for the worst but praying for the best. Please remember her in prayer. Pray for her to have hope, good nannies or foster parents, and comfort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment