She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.

She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.
She may not have our eyes, but she has our heart.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

1 Samuel 27

We finally received our immigration paperwork in the mail yesterday! We signed it and put it back in the mail today!! This is the paperwork that has our background and home study attached. It is basically asking our government for permission to adopt. They will mail us a date and time to be fingerprinted in Nashville. They will make sure we haven't robbed a bank, then will process out paperwork. It can take up to 2 months for a reply!!! :(  Once we have approval we will hire a courier to hand deliver our complete dossier to the Chinese Embassy in Washington DC  to be authenticated with the Chinese seal. Then, our dossier will be sent to CHINA for the big Daddy of approvals.  We received an email Thursday from CCAI  that said her location is unknown at this time. She is in Beijing and that is the only known promise. I am absolutely sick that I do not know where my daughter calls home. Please pray for us and Joy. I feel like Beijing is a good place for her, but unknowns are tough. We will get an update in November. Until then, I will keep counting down the days!  Pray for our comfort, Joy's comfort, Joy's caretakers to do the best job they are capable of doing, and her birth parents. My heart absolutely BREAKS for them. Adoption is tough. I am so thankful to have a "face" that goes with our love, but having that "face" makes our hearts hurt very badly. Our daughter has waited 5 years and 5 months for a forever family. I will never let her go if God will just put her in my arms. When we had submitted our application for adoption I cried out to Him and begged him for a child. I promised him out loud that if he would give us a daughter, I would raise her to know Him. I would read the Bible to her daily, sing Bible songs in the car, pray with her, take her to church and teach her to put Jesus first and others next. I will dedicate my life to help save hers for eternity through Jesus. She will be no different that Anna Claire, Ezra or Elijah are to me. I will forget which child I adopted. Right after my "Amen" was said, my email rang out. The email we had waited to get for 2 weeks. We were going to adopt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment