She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.

She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.
She may not have our eyes, but she has our heart.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Still looking

155 times. That is how many times the word "joy" is mentioned in the KJV Bible. The name, Joy was on our list of names from the first. We had two names picked out that we were deciding between; Camilla Joy and MeiLin Joy.  Joy was going to be in there! As we read the Bible, the "name" Joy popped up continuously. So many times in scripture when the word Joy was used we knew it wasn't speaking of our daughter, but it was used appropriately in context to mean her.  It gave me chills so many times that I had a strong desire to name her Joy. I felt like I was always trying to talk Justin into it. He just wasn't feeling it! When that day came that we got to see her face, Justin took a look at her precious face and Chinese name Dang Jiao Jiao and said ..." she is Joy Jiao". China puts the surname first, first name next then middle name. We had talked about maybe combining parts of her name as a middle name, but sadly Joy couldn't state her surname when she was abandoned, so we do not have the surname of her mother. The last name "Dang" is given to all orphans at Nanyang SWI that do not tell their surnames when abandoned. It isn't special, so we didn't use it in her new name. We hope she loves her new name! 

Since CCAI  wasn't able to find out additional information on Joy's location, I am continuing the search on my own. Justin and I have looked for countless hours on different foster homes websites and facebook pages, blogs and baidu.com.  Baidu.com is equivalent to our Google. It is all in Mandarin, but with translation apps now, I can search using Chinese characters and translate it all. No luck finding her yet, but I am not giving up! Hopefully, the home will cooperate and give us an update in November, when we are eligible. Thanks for the prayers from our many prayer warriors. :) I have a lot on my plate lately and would always love and appreciate continued prayers. It is still 7 months until travel (hopefully), but I have a large to do list to complete before her arrival. Fitting that list in with everything else I have is nuts! I know she is out there, but it drives me crazy not knowing where. He knows where she is and I pray each day that he wraps His arms around her each day.  Great news in our progress...our immigration paperwork will be mailed off tomorrow! Our case worker notified us today that our home study is complete and has been reviewed and revised by CCAI! Now, we wait for a letter by mail telling us a date to be in Nashville to be fingerprinted, then we wait for approval from our government to adopt!. 

No comments:

Post a Comment