Justin and I were both honored to get to go to Ezra's Veteran Day program yesterday. He sang his heart out. I stood in the back of the gym and cried as I watched the class sing several songs. I always fight back tears when I hear children sing, but I couldn't hold this back. I know how much Ezra valued his freedom. He thanks God for freedom with every prayer his says. He knows that you are in China surrounded by little friends that are in an orphanage due mostly to lack of freedom. My heart was torn out watching all those kids singing about freedom when you are sitting in a communist country. You will always be Chinese, but you will be an American as well. You will be a free Chinese-American, you can have 1 child or 100. It is up to you! You can dream as big as your dreams will take you. Your brothers and sisters have really learned many lessons on what we are able to do because of the many veterans that have layed down their lives for us. They are often engulfed in the lessons on sacrifice and freedom and that others see those "things" as a dream. We value our freedom even more after starting this journey to you. You are our dream. You are loved, adored, ......chosen.

No comments:
Post a Comment