I have constantly struggled with whom to direct this blog to, family and friends or Joy. Since this is a journal for her, I am going to direct it to her. I want to update family and friends about our journey, but it is mainly for Joy.
I decided to ask the kids some questions and record them for your book. We sat down together and I asked and wrote everything the kids said. They are so excited to welcome you, Joy Jiao into our family. I go between calling you by both and calling you only Joy. I just don't know what you will want, so I catch myself doing both. Eli was up first. These questions and answers were recorded directly after he helped me work in your room for an hour, putting away clothes, organizing and hanging your new bow boards. He is a very proud BIG brother. He tells me a lot since you both are the same size that y'all are twins. Sure!
1. What is your favorite thing about adoption? I get another sister. I love Joy as my sister.
2. What do you think Joy will love to eat that mommy cooks? Broccoli and Brussell sprouts, healthy foods.
3. What will her favorite thing be about home? Us. She will have a family and it is us!!!
4. What will Joy do that might be different from what she did in China? Speak English!
5. Why do you think it is important for people to help orphans? God tells us to and plus, she needs a mama!!!
Next up is Anna Claire
1. What is your favorite thing about adoption? That I will have a new sister! I have asked and asked for one for a very long time.
2. What do you think Joy might do differently here than in China? Laugh more.
3. What do you think Joy will like that Mommy cooks? Mashed potatoes!
4. What do you think Joy will like best about America? VACATIONS! Seeing the beach for the first time.
Last is Ezra
1. What will be hard about adding a new sibling? Nothing! (Boy, is he in for a treat!)
2. What will Joy Jiao like best about her home? *points to himself with both pointers!!!
3. What do you think her favorite foods are now? Noodles and rice
4. How will we help Joy even when we can't see her? Pray for her and ask God to show her love.
My father has always had an unusual grandfather name...Daddy Two. When my neice, Lauren, was about two years old she told her Daddy that "he is my Daddy too"! The spelling changed over the last 24 years, but the name has STUCK like glue. Now, with your pending arrival, Dad has traded his beloved 24 year old name in for "Daddy Tiao"!!!!! We have had so many HARD laughs over this one!!! Dad actually bought you two shirts today from my sister's shop. He is such a precious grandfather and I would say he is ecstatic! We love you precious girl. I hope you treasure this journal someday. I have a very hard time finding the time, but I have written each child a letter each few months of their lives to let them know what was going on. When they get older, they will love it, so I couldn't leave you out! I can't journal about what is happening in China, but I can write about what is happening in our hearts and home. I am anxiously awaiting an update from our agency. We are due for one nov 22, but who is counting? Anna has stayed out of your room the last few nights. Ezra loves his own bed more than life, but I noticed when Anna Claire moved out of your bed, he moved in. We feel so close to you when we go to your room. It helps us. Our hearts ache for you to be home. We do believe that God's timing is perfect. He knows what is best. We have seen some miraculous events happen lately and it is only because of Him. I hope you feel his arms wrap around you each night! He is there with you always. We love you, Joy! This verse is as much for us as it is for you! Love, Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment