She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.

She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.
She may not have our eyes, but she has our heart.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Homeward Bound

We awoke in Hong kong at 7am overlooking the beautiful harbor and mountain in the distance. In front of the harbor was the landing strip. We did this so you could see planes land and take off. You yelled, "feiji" everytime you saw one - a lot of times! We all showered and dressed for the long trek home. Our flight took off at 11:45. We had the head rest movies to keep us occupied. You watched ten STRAIGHT hours. It's was killing  the Mommy in me, but I knew it was  ONE DAY, not to mention our lifeline. You navigated that screen wth no problems at all. Your favorite movies, by far, were 101 Dalmations, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I can't tell you how much you loved those!!!! Ezra's favorite movie ever is 101 Dalmations as well :) 

We survived the plane ride, but by about hour 11, I was done with! I was nauseous from smelling that plane food, my legs were cramping and my butt was numb for life. DONE. On hour 10, you fell asleep and slept a little under four hours. You awoke a MONSTER. You warmed up after about an hour and became your happy self again. We got out in Chicago and had our first American meal, Deep dish Chicago pizza. It would have been superb, but the exhaustion had taken over and I was still nauseous. You wanted spaghetti - my little noodle. 

The time in Chicago was the worst we felt yet. We were falling asleep sitting up and just felt sick! You were bouncing off the walls happy because we had told you, via translator app, about meeting everyone soon. We boarded our plane after a five hour layover and we were headed to Nashville! I think you won over every heart on that plane! You sang 3/4 of the way and joked and giggled with me the rest of the way there . You were a live wire!!!!!! People were pointing and giggling a lot!! 


When we were heading to the meeting place where I family was waiting, you started to sing "Halelujah" and I started to cry. You had it all right. hallelujah. 


Hallelujah, we were a family. Hallelujah for His plan. Hallelujah that He adopted US. Hallelujah that  we could adopt not to rescue, but because WE are the rescued.  

We were met at the airport with such surprise! We knew our immediate families would be there, but we had some precious aunts, uncles and cousins that came, too! You just lapped up the attention. You posed and posed for pics with the most vibrant smile. The flights wiped me out.







We met our family and you couldn't have been happier! You were precious. I asked you if your heart was happy and you made a heart with your hand with a smile and nodded. The way home, we stopped for snacks and it was the strangest thing. Everything I saw, I wanted in that gas station! Pretzels, candy, Slim Jim's, cheese and crackers. AHHH! :)  

We arrived home at 1 am, 30 hours since waking up in Hong Kong.  You were so thrilled to see your home. It was so hard to wind you down. All the kids wanted to sleep with you, but we didn't have enough room without blowing up air mattresses. Let's be real, not a chance that was happening when being that tired. My brain was literally shutting down. Ezra said he would be ok in his bed, so You slept in the middle of Eli and Anna in Anna's bed. At 6am, I heard the sweetest pitter-patter of little feet coming to our bed. You climbed in our bed with a smile and then immediately climbed back out. Baba basically followed you back to Anna's bed and when he got there, you were already asleep again. You were just making sure we were here! 

As I watched you sleep your first night home, I immediately thought of a poem I had found early in the adoption process. 








It was unbelievable to see you in our home. Seriously? When and how did this happen? 

Your brothers and sister are so in love with you. They adore you! Thank you for being our daughter and sister.  

We have some awesome family and friends. We have goodies in our cabinets and fridge, some new plants planted, someone came and cleaned our house even after I had it clean (so it was a good deep cleaning), chocolate cake at the airport, gifts, smiles, and so much love. That was just a briefing of the blessings.. I couldn't name everything if I tried! 


Thank you, Lord, for this Journey to our Joy.      
                        Happy Homecoming, 
                                  ️Mommy 
            











No comments:

Post a Comment