Uncle Dan, Aunt Rachel and their children came first thing this morning! Claudia is like gold to you and I believe you are just as much as a treasure to her. She made you some goodies and presented all of your gifts, one at a time. She is soooo special. I love her heart. Such good parenting is being lived out each day to show what is truly important in this life. We love them all dearly! Uncle Doug and Aunt Jan came by as well. They got to sit in on your music therapy. They are so special to us as well!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhngI9tjhsk (may have to copy an paste to watch it. I can't do links on my phone) Your favorite movie ever is Annie! I actually hid that movie behind all the others before we brought you home. You found it an asked to watch it, so I let you. I'm glad I did. You have a connection that you love with Annie. I think it's the pretty voice :-) You sang along quietly as Ms. Shea sang "Tomorrow". You were so happy she knew that song!
Aunt Pattie Sue and Aunt Patsy visited and we showed you pictures of your Chinese cousin that is your age! Maybe you can meet her in a few months! Thomas and Uncle Dwight visited too! They showed you pics of our day as a family at the swimming hole and we reminisced. So many people love you! You are a treasure to many!
Nana Mary brought your brothers and sister last night and stayed at the Holiday Inn where they could visit again today as well. They stayed almost the whole day! It really motivates you when they come and play! They were calm and quiet and were excellent visitors. We can't wait to all be back home. I'm not rushing going home though. We live a long way from Vanderbilt in an emergency. You wanted watermelon and haven't had an appetite at all, so nana left to get you some watermelon! You ate about five chunks today! Good work! You are dehydrated from all the lasiks pulling fluid away. We are working to rehydrate you! You got. A bad headache at 10pm and they gave you meds. I could hear you whimpering from my cot and I couldn't take it. I crawled in bed with you and you grabbed my hand, kissed it and said "I love you forever". Melt my heart! You put my arm around you and snuggled. I laid there and stared at you for an hour and a half.. Just holding you. Just as I have always held my other babies in a hospital bed while I looked upon their tiny faces, I just enjoyed you. I love being with you!
I became pretty worried about the headache and I pushed some water down you. I decided to go with my gut an talk to the doctor. She told the nurse to check your blood pressure in all extremities. Sure enough, your lower extremities are through the roof. You finally fell asleep and I am waiting to hear the plan. You scare me... And that is ok. I like a good challenge!
I like a good challenge for myself because my greatest blessings have come when I climb out of my comfort zone. Tons and tons of blessings that I could name because I took a leap. Even the small ones like teaching piano... Blessings abound when my students walk through my door, perform on the stage by conquering their fears or perfecting a song that they said "I can't do this one". You get my point. I was nervous for that beginning. "I wasn't good enough to teach" filled my head, but I went with my heart. Follow yours. You grow when you reach for something fearful. If you don't, you have a heart issue that needs revision. I love you, my little doll!
Your biggest fan,
️Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment