She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.

She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.
She may not have our eyes, but she has our heart.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Your brother Eli




You thought these letters were all about you, didn't you? They still are, but today I want to tell you how you have moved in your brother's heart. You see, he has always had a huge heart, but he didn't have a clue what adoption could do to him until he experienced it.  As we were in bed the other night, Eli looked over to me and said, "Mommy, what happened to the 13 year old boy with the blue-hooded jacket that could sing so well?"
I was caught off guard. I had no idea what he was talking about. I said "what boy?" "Where did you see him"?  He said "on facebook,Remember? I watched him sing. He was 13 and wouldn't be able to be adopted once he was 14." 

I was stunned.

It had been at least six months since we watched that video of a boy, very close to aging out, sing his heart out for his mama and Baba to find him. I was stunned that Eli remembered. As I snapped back into reality, Eli said "mom, my heart is broken". Tears were streaming down his face. Eli's shirt was quickly becoming soaked. His heart is breaking for what breaks His. We should all seek what that may be, if not many things to us. We studied Isaiah this week during Bible at school and I talked about when God asked who would tell his message.  Isaiah was ready and willing, wholeheartily. He said "send me". He didn't give excuses, use his own comfort for leverage, or say no. He went. This is what I want you to strive for... GO. Go where God tells you to go and do what God tells you to do. You will never regret that choice. 

 Eli says he can't wait until he is 30 to adopt. He has set three criteria that his future wife must fulfill. 

1.  She must love God more than Eli.

2.  She must want to adopt.

3.  She must be pretty. (One lesson at a time 😧)

 He said he would "adopt a couple dozen" and he already has many of them named. Let's see...   There is John, elica (because it's close to Elijah 😵), Ann, Jake and Jacob (twin boys), and Mary. 

There was once a time when I showed Eli your picture for the first time and he said "no, mama. Her hair is too short". Now, he looks at a little girl born with no eyes and says "please, mama. She can hear and sing and dance".  

Hearts change. 


Mine sure has and I am much happier. 
So, as of today, I am on a quest to find out if the boy in the blue-hooded jacket has a family. If he doesn't, we advocate. His family may just need to hear his beautiful voice. I pray his family sees him and says "send me". 

                           Always go, Joy!
                                       ️Mommy 


No comments:

Post a Comment