She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.

She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.
She may not have our eyes, but she has our heart.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Adoption Day!

Well, you're a Williams! Today we finalized the adoption! You are such a happy, ️sweet girl. I can finally see some signs of grieving, which is hard on ️Mommy to see, but I know it's healthy. Tonight, you chose to sleep on the couch away from Monmy and Daddy, but that is ok. I asked you today in mandarin if you were sad. You said "yes". You also said you are very happy. You miss your friends...especially RenAi. I know you had many "brothers and sisters" and it hurts to never see them again. I am rejoicing that I see these emotions because they are healthy, but it hurts so badly. You haven't given us one hug or kiss yet since we got you forever, but I think the grieving is taking over. I keep asking and you play it off in a joking way with a big "BU SHI"! (No!)  you are very very very funny. Eli will have a fit knowing you are so much like him! You love a good joke.  You absolutely hate to be tickled. (Like me!)   Today has been hard. I haven't read you a book yet because you don't want me that close. When you color, you go far far away from me. We DID however have many bonding close times. It's all up and down (normal!)  Today, I didn't your makeup, which is great bonding because as I applied it, I asked you to look into Monmy's eyes. You did the whole time. I got lost in those eyes. Wow. It was amazing. Then, you applied MY makeup. Woah, I looked like a gypsy, but I was the happiest gypsy I knew!  As we were brushing our teeth tonight, you initiated "I love you more" first. Baby steps. Yesterday was based on adrenaline and a fairy tale, today it's real life. I like real life. I can tough it out, knowing that this is the healthy road.  You picked out the outfits with the mist ruffles today, a necklace and a big bow (good taste, girl!). 
I think that look is satisfaction. We headed back to the civil affairs office and became  a family. 

I got teary in that room thinking of how many families were made there. When we got out, you love to be in your Baba's arms, the safest place in the world. You love them even more when he carries you up SIX flights of stairs! Haha

The Foster home that Joy came from is very clean, because she was spotless upon coming to us. The home taught her "Amazing Grace", and "Jesus loves me" and most importantly how to pray. The whole time I am praying she is saying "Amen". She is a Baptist for sure! Union Grove Baptist Church will never be the same! Haha

The sweetest moment today was when Daddy left to go to Walmart and to Burger King for us. When Daddy left, she was much more comfortable around me. I took her into the shower to play with the bath crayons I had brought. She drew our family with all Kai Xin faces (happy) and all with big noses, except for Jiao Jiao. There was one extra little face drawn. She said it was a Didi (younger brother) for later. She said it with pain in her eyes. She knows how special a family is and how bad the others want it. I cried myself to sleep tonight thinking about all the children left behind. It's too much. Joy was excited to see Ben and Sammy come for a visit, while their Daddy was with our Daddy shopping. They are a hoot! They look and sound like little minions!!! Baba arrived home with Teo huge burgers. I was going to share with Joy. I got two bites. That girl loves to eat!

Today, (it's 4am now) we will go to Nanyang via a three and a half hour van ride each way if the traffic is ok. This is her hometown and when she was abandoned. We will visit her finding spot, visit the orphanage, and get her American passport. This will be an extremely hard day on us, all of us. The conditions will be much different. Please pray for us all. 

1 comment: