We left there and you and I had special time together. Baba had a meeting, so you and I were in change of lunch. We ventured down the street to the McDonalds because, well, you love ice cream! You chose strawberry this time and loved every bite! You made me get one so you could eat 3/4 of it again.
I pointed to those pictures and have learned enough small mandarin words that our order was correct! Go, ️Mommy! We brought everything up and waited on Baba to get back to the room.
The girls and I headed out shopping alone. That's right, alone. We headed back to the international toy market to buy some souvenirs. We hailed a taxi and all started to climb in. The taxi driver somehow didn't see me and started to drive off once one leg was in. We all screamed and he stopped. Baba may have to end up shipping my corpse back. I've almost died three times now! We had a blast! I tried the whole bargaining thing and it didn't work...at all. Full price is still cheap, but I wanted to be a local! Haha
These were the funniest things in China that I have seen yet! Bad translations are everywhere, but these were the greatest!
We had so much fun! We laughed and laughed.
I came back "home" to a sleeping girl and your Baba. I wrote a blog post while I had a moment and climbed into bed with you! I may or may not have stolen many kisses! You awoke and we went upstairs to eat. We had a good time sitting and talking to the other families.
I am having a hard time preparing to go home. I am so excited for OUR life, but somehow it feels that I am leaving behind so many children that I want to bring home, too. It will be a bittersweet day when we leave to come home. We are packing up tonight because tomorrow night we will leave out for Hong Kong to spend the night so we can fly out Saturday morning. It will be a 15 hour flight to Chicago and then a five hour layover. We will arrive around 8:40pm in Nashville. The two hour drive home will be the toughest :( We are excited to go to the island tomorrow morning for some pictures.
We are trying to soak up everything before coming home. Maybe someday we will be back.
Love,
YOUR Mommy😍









No comments:
Post a Comment