She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.

She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.
She may not have our eyes, but she has our heart.

Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday In Beijing!

Our VPN on our laptop isn't working, so all my camera pics won't be able to be shown until we are home. Those are the good ones- so sad!  

I need to come to achina more often.justin doing laundry in Beijing in Chinese slippers is quite the site! 
We started out the day at Tianamen Square and the forbidden city. We took some beautiful pictures! I mostly was drawn to the children (as always!) so a lot of the pictures I took were of all the cute chinese children being loved on my their parents.  
We then went on a rickshaw ride through old Beijing (Hutong) and ate lunch at a loc family's home. Here is our lunch. It was really good! 
The food just kept coming and coming!  We had squash, potatoes that looked like noodles, chicken legs, pork meatballs, dumplings with chicken and celery inside, cauliflower with black fungus, the most delicious peanuts cooked in peppers (I could have eaten a gallon!!!), rice, onions and green beans. We had a lot left over!!! The people that live in these small houses have no bathrooms. They walk 100m to a community bathroom. This family also had prize pigeons that raced. They were going to show them to us but they flew away before we could get outside. The rickshaw ride was awesome. I will post those pics after getting home. It was amazing! 

Tonight, we went to a nearby restaurant and filled two tables. This was when they first started to bring food out. The table was covered!!!!!! We went to enjoy Peking Duck (famous in Beijing) and I was NOT a fan. NOT a fan at all. Glad to have the experience though! 

This was the highlight of our meal! A family kept staring at us with the most unusually mean face... So I just finally snapped a pic. What the heck, right?
Hotel at night! 

We have had an awesome day! Tomorrow is the Great Wall and shopping at the jade factory! We will also walk to food street to see the unusual delicacies. We love learning about your culture and country! What an experience! 
          Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment