Split pants are everywhere in China. I finally got a picture of some because, well, you pretty much feel like a pervert if caught. Haha
We left the pond area and you had to potty. Uhhhhh, not many potties here, so to the bushes we went. You are the squatting CHAMP! You will love camping! Haha
The park ended at a small amusement park. ️Mommy rode a ride with you and Baba rode the bumper cars. I got teary seeing your eyes disappear with happiness. I love you, precious girl! After the amusement park, we started to head back through the park through the entrance to leave. There was a little vendor selling toys. You chose a little thing of bubbles with a neat wand and a bridal halo veil. You couldn't believe you pointed to it and we bought it. We did have to say "no" to ice cream and such. You can't be spoiled too badly.
We rested and played a lot and went downstairs for your first restaurant expercience maybe ever. We went big! You went to the Amici Italian restaurant here in the Hilton Hotel. An orphan on Monday morning and five star restaurant on Thursday. When they gave you your eggplant and it was presented beautifully, I cried the happiest tears. You looked at me with big happy eyes and said "for me"??? Yes, all for you. so special!!!!!!! I told you in Mandarin they were happy tears and you smiled . I hate I didn't take my camera. So so special. You also tried my spaghetti and LOVED it. You can understand everything we say. Everything.
You are definitely Eli's twin. Oh my word. It is hilarious. You have taught me Mandarin (I'm sure I butcher some, but so far you have approved it at least understood) and I have taught you English. Between the chinglish, we can communicate very well!!!!!! We haven't had one issue yet.
You are so perfect for us. God hand-picked you for us, no doubt! You will be so easy to teach.
I am so at ease with you choosing Baba over me because I know you love me... Lots. It's all a funny game. We argue in Mandarin about you loving me. I will say "you love me" and you will play along and say "no, Baba" while sticking out your tongue and DYING laughing. You love this game! I got to read you your first book today, "Pete the Cat and his four groovy buttons".
You have a few small bruises on your legs and you pointed each one out and let me kiss them. You loved that! You are so easy to love. Day four was a SUCCESS... Total SUCCESS! I think the orphanage trip yesterday helped you see that we would never leave you! No grieving today or mentioning missing your wonderful nannies or friends.
In your bag that we received on Gotcha Day, there was a journal. It starts on the day you got to Mei Yue, your foster home and goes to the day you left for us. wow, I can't wait to get all of this translated once home! It just has to say "whoever is Joy's mom is the luckiest mom on the planet"!!!!!
God is good,
️Mommy






No comments:
Post a Comment