She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.

She may not have our eyes, but she will always have our heart.
She may not have our eyes, but she has our heart.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

WE ARE HERE!


Well, what a day. The day has actually been like 35 hours instead of 24. We left Detroit to head out on the 14 hour flight to Beijing. I cried many tears during the lift offs (HATE THEM) then I became  settled... Until landing. I didn't sleep but only one hour the whole flight. I am so excited to meet you that I cannot rest my mind.  When we walked out into the airport, we were met by our guide, George. Oh, what an awesome face to see; Angelic at that point. The smells hit me like a sucker punch. Ginger and soy filled the air so strongly I almost got sick. I love the food, but now I totally understand why our agency told us about when you come to America, you  will lose everything natural to you (including the smells!). I almost died riding to our hotel, driven by George. Everything was so different. It finally hit me that this was real! Bikes EVERYWHERE, mopeds, everyone honks. Wow. Definitely not in Kansas anymore, Toto!  

I've got my eyes on these bad boys. 

I know where to find a ride if I need one! Haha 

Hotel lobby from the elevator. 

Your Baba just warned me if I drink a coke from the in room mini bar, I will be killed. 3.50 ea! Haha.  Good thing there is a seven eleven nearby! We are near a Pizza Hut, but don't let that fool you that we are "at home". Oh, my precious girl. I admire you so much for what you're about to go through. The culture shock alone is enough! Four more days until we meet! I can't believe this is true. So many times I looked at your sweet picture while lying in bed just to cry and cry. Hard stuff. Our pain will be nothing compared to yours. I hope you love us sooner rather than later! More pictures to come later! I need a shower in a bad way!  


️.                  Until we meet,
                             ️Mommy 
           



No comments:

Post a Comment